"Learning the order of magnitude of the human spirit and consequently dealing with its complexity is art." -Vera
RONA POEMS is a new mix of Romanian and English poetry. On this blog I post the latest poems inspired by my latest muses.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hard To Get

I was not playing hard to get
But just carefully planning my safe return
It's just that each step taken backwards
Slipped ahead, carried by the mellow ice of your eyes.

The statue of your beauty
That at first rose up to the core of the Universe
Has slowly been overridden
By the tears gathered in the cup of your morning doubts.

I was so much craving for rosy intricate love
Or so I thought, until I met you, straightforward and clear,
Going through all of me
Like the sun rays through thin air,
Undressing me,
Making love to me,
Natural and plain
Like a field of gold laying before my frozen eyes.

Awashed by warm light
My dreams escaped through my fingers and scattered away -
Heavy fog crystallized on willow leaves
In the shape of your simple name.

Undefined
I fell on my knees
Crying for the first time.

30 June 2020
- To Mr. C.G. -

No comments:

| Home | Fashion | Global Politics | The Black Sea | Poetry | Dance | Endocrinology | News | Comments |Contact| Archive |