"Learning the order of magnitude of the human spirit and consequently dealing with its complexity is art." -Vera
RONA POEMS is a new mix of Romanian and English poetry. On this blog I post the latest poems inspired by my latest muses.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Star

Inspired by Keane - Closer Now


He blooms over
Alternating with your daylight
In the darkness you can't challenge the neurotic pulses
That bring him up over you...

...Dreams
Are they cheap or are they priceless
Compared to our bloodless romance?

He rejuvenates
You kill
He expands
You spill
He poses
You practice
He shines
You waver
Pushed forward by the instinctual myth

You're a ghost wandering in the open air
Thinking that freedom must be just around the corner
Yet she's a star glittering above your eyes looking downward;
You realize once in a while that you're just a walking paradise
Still you put your wings on, trying to reach
Falling each time, back to square one.

Haven't you got enough wounds?
Haven't you ever thought of setting an appointment with the star in you?
She's family with the upper one
And she's following you everywhere
Beating 70 times a minute.

Close your eyes and try
I'll be here if you need guidance
You can ask me why
You can ask me what
You can ask me where or when
But I can't heal your blood
If you know what I mean...
I can only embrace my genetical will
That once brought your star close to me...

- to TP & IM
07.09.2011

No comments:

| Home | Fashion | Global Politics | The Black Sea | Poetry | Dance | Endocrinology | News | Comments |Contact| Archive |